Thursday, 19 January 2012

Karma people

I am the first to admit that I’m not perfect. My writing style is not to everyone’s taste and that is fine. Hell, even I know that I miss things when editing etc. But, lately, I have noticed that a few Authors seem to think they have the right to put down another’s work. I don’t understand that. When is it right to put someone down instead of support them? I can take constructive criticism, but if it is a just a put down, I don’t get it. And people wonder what is wrong with the world…

Why am I bringing this up, you may ask…Well, because it is one thing I just won’t ever do. I will offer constructive criticism but never will I try to belittle someone else’s hard work. Karma people! I really urge others to instead of cutting someone down maybe offer help and support. There are a lot of people out there who have a great, wonderful story to tell but maybe just not the know how to put it across the best way. Then again, maybe the way they write will appeal to others. Who knows. Writing is subjective to ones tastes. No one can tell what will be the next big thing or what might fail. We have all started out somewhere.

I am no seasoned professional but I understand what it is like to present your work to someone and to be offered criticism. Lucky for me it was actually constructive and the criticism helped me. I love improving my work and welcome it but not if you’re out to be nasty.

1 comment:

  1. Well put. I really try and be fair, leaning toward the author and not away. If I really hate the book, I'd probably just pretend that I never started reading it. It isn't as if someone is paying me to review. I feel like what I do is simply share my reading experience, especially if it helps the author.
    Have a great weekend.

    -Jimmy
    http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete