Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Interview with the Talented Tanya Contois

Interview with Tanya Contois, the Author of the Wicked Little Lies series published by trestle press; which is based around Jocelynn who is the daughter of a succubus and incubus. The reviews for this series have been excellent. Tanya also runs a very successful blog and Facebook pages. Tanya is well known around the Facebook indie Author community and has help many by giving reviews and interviews herself. It is a pleasure to be able to return the favor, so please enjoy this great interview and keep your eyes peeled for Tanya Contois. I am sure you will be seeing her around! 

Could you tell us a little about yourself? 
I’m 28, single, and kind of a homebody. I spend a lot of time with my mother and I consider her my best friend as well as my mom.


What is the title of your new book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
Cloaked in Darkness and hopefully exciting and interesting for readers.


If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
Sonny from Wicked Little Lies and he’d probably be trying to apologize for going along with Scarlett’s plan to protect his brother.


Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?
I have plans for several new books and I haven’t decided if they’ll be a series yet.


What made you start writing and did you go down the path of self-publishing or did you seek out a publisher?
I started out writing just for myself and had no thoughts about self-publishing or seeking out a publisher - not even after a story I had written was chosen for an anthology.



Is there an Author who has influenced you or one that you would really like to meet?
The authors that I’d like to meet because I’ve gotten to know them somewhat via Facebook are Natalie Zaman and Charlotte Bennardo - the authors of Sirenz and Nina LaCour - the author of Hold Still because it was a great book with a strong message.



List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
Torn by Erica O’Rourke, Grave Witch, and Grave Dance by Kalayna Price. 


If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters? 
For Wicked Little Lies I would choose Willa Holland to play Jocelynn, Sienna Miller for Adeline, Chris Hemsworth for Jacoby, Sasha Pieterse or Saoirse Ronan as Scarlett, and Ryan Hansen as Kane.


Ok Now for some fun  …. 

Sleep in or get up early? 
Usually get up early but the time change has been kicking my butt.


Energy drinks or coffee?
Coffee, black with three sugars. 

Sweet or Savory?
I like snacks that are both sweet and salty like sea salt caramels.


Ebook or paperback?

I enjoy reading both e-books and paperbacks/hardcovers equally because there are books not available as e-books and vice versa.


 One of your favorite quotes -
Not exactly my favorite but I couldn’t come up with anything else. “They all float down here.” Pennywise the clown from Stephen King’s IT.


Lastly where can readers find you?

My blog: http://writertanyacontois.blogspot.com       

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/tanyacontois       

Twitter: @tanyalc28

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I've followed your blog from Author Karma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rebecca! I'm here from the Author Karma group! I hope you can come and stop by mine (:

    http://www.josepheastwood.com/

    Thanks!
    -Joseph

    P.S that was a really good interview!

    ReplyDelete