Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Interview with the Talented Phyllis aka T.R. Stampz

My dear friend Phyllis has a wonderful and very sexy alter ego T.R. Stampz. This girl can write the HOT stuff like none other I have read. Talk about making a girl all hot and sweaty...These guys do that and more. T.R Stampz has a way of writing bad boys that makes you suck in a breathe and fan yourself as you read. But... don't let that fool you, this isn't all about sex, there is a depth to her characters that makes them real. It isn't all wham, bam and thank -you sir. So if you like you bad boys, good in all the right places and hot little stories that make you go Mmmm, then please don't let this budding Author slip you by!


Could you tell us a little about yourself?
I am a wife, mother, and grandmother. I live in a very small farm town in southwestern Ohio in converted chicken house. I have worked a variety of jobs in my life ranging from department store clerk to restaurant manager to factory worker. My most recent adventure in the working world, other than writing, was as a license medical massage therapist. I love reading, writing, and crocheting. 

What is the title of your new book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
My newest book is called Hot Ridez and will be released on April 30th.  Hot Ridez is a collection of erotic stories with a bad boy theme. The boys are definitely bad in a very good way.

If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
What a fantastic question. I would have to say that if I could give a voice to one of my characters it would have to be Daphne from Riding Vinny. I believe she would tell you being married for safety or for love isn’t always easy and love isn’t always safe but with the right person can be easy.

Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?
I am currently working of several different books. My first full length novel, yet untitled, I would like to publish under my real name is about a rollercoaster romance between a football player and a sports reporter. I am also working on another erotica collection called Bike Night at Jackass Flats. This collection will follow the adventures of three best friends as they attend and event held at a local bar.


What made you start writing and did you go down the path of self-publishing or did you seek out a publisher?
            I have been writing for as long as I can remember. The first thing I ever wrote was a letter to my sister when I was about 8 years old. I just recently found out that even though it has been over 30 years since that letter was written, she still has it. I would love to be able to see it again and know what I wrote. I have always used letter writing as a way to express my feelings. I grew up in a tumultuous house where feelings were never expressed. So I would sit and write letters to imaginary people to express myself. Later, I started writing short stories from journal entries I had written.

I have never self-published any of my work. I was actually very fortunate in becoming friends with Danielle Zwissler of Firefly and Wisp Book Publishing. I became an editor and decided on a whim to submit one of my short stories. She asked if I could write more with a similar theme because she would like to publish them as a collection. That collection is Hot Ridez.

Is there an Author who has influenced you or one that you would really like to meet?
Wow, there are so many wonderful authors out there that I have influenced me in some way or another. It is hard for me to choose just one. At one time I would have said the author I would love to meet is Stephen King, but recently I have moved away from him. I think I would have to say who I would like to meet most now would be indie author, Christy Mazzetti Watson. She is a friend on Facebook and has encouraged me through some very difficult times. I would love to be able to thank her in person.

List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
I am currently reading the Detective Marcella Mysteries series by Dana Donovan. It is an amazing series about a witches, magic, and murder mystery. I am currently reading book 6 in the series. The characters are fun and the plots keep you guessing. I would and have recommended this series to many of my friends.

If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters? 
 Hmmm, since my books are not exactly made for TV or even one that would be seen on the shelves at your local video store, unless you go behind the curtain in the back of the store, I have not really given any thought as to who I would choose to play the characters. The only character I had a real idea of what he looked like is Drew from Drew’s Hot Lap. That character had a face before I even started that story. Drew has always been NASCAR driver Tony Stewart.


Ok Now for some fun J ….
Sleep in or get up early?
I am definitely a stay up all night and sleep all day type of person. Unfortunately, I am married to someone who is in bed early and up before the sun.

Tea or coffee?
Coffee with cream and sugar or as my friends would say cream and sugar with a bit of coffee.

Sweet or Savory?
Wow! This one is hard. It really depends on my mood and what I am writing at the time. If it is something sad then sweet all the way, but if I am writing a scene where the character is showing a lot of attitude, then definitely savory.

EBook or paperback?
I have to have both actually. I love the feel of a book in my hand, the smell of the paper, and the sound of a page being turned. I love being able share what I am writing with others, but they are warned ahead of time, if they wrinkle the spine or dog ear the pages then they will never get to borrow another of my books. My paperbacks are my babies.  I love the convenience of an eBooks for when I am on the go. I love how I can take my book on my phone or tablet without having the weight of the paperback.

 One of your favorite quotes -
I have so many, but I think one of my most recent favorites is from the movie Dad starring Jack Lemmon and Ted Danzan. This line is delivered by Jack’s character when he was speaking to his wife.   "Dying is not a sin, but not living is."

Lastly where can readers find you?

My blog: http://www.wix.com/trstamp2/t-r-stampz-author  This is still a work in progress and the blog is not functional yet.

My Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/trstamp

My Goodreads author page:

Twitter: TRStampz

No comments:

Post a Comment