Monday, 21 May 2012

Author interview with Crystal Ward

Could you tell us a little about yourself?
LMAO I totally didn’t see this question at first. Well, I’m pretty boring honestly. I’m a kitchen manager at Applebee’s. Been there for almost ten lonnnng years. I live in Ohio with my chunky cat, Princess. :- ) P.S. I’m in love with Arizona Green Tea, the color orange, and my laptop, named Yoshi.   :- )

What is the title of your new book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
It’s the second book in The Supernova Saga. It’s called Tsunami. :- ) Becoming a Guardian was full of ups and downs for Evania. That was the easy part. It’s time for her to learn having an Equal isn’t always a good thing.

If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?
Evania would say, “Stay tuned. I’m not done yet.”    ;- )

Do you have plans for a new book?   Is this book part of a series?
It is actually the second book in The Supernova Saga. It’s a series of four books. The last two are already written. :- )

What made you start writing and did you go down the path of self-publishing or did you seek out a publisher?
I’ve always loved to write, ever since I was little. The first story I remember writing was about farm animals. LOL I actually tried to get an agent first, but I wasn’t too successful on that path. ;- )  Firefly & Wisp Publishing took care of me. :- )

Is there an Author who has influenced you or one that you would really like to meet?
Stephenie Meyer for sure. I went through a bit of a writer’s block for a while, but after I read her Twilight Saga, I was just itching to write again.

What drew you to that genre? Or do you have more than one genre you write?
The Supernova Saga is urban fantasy. I’m definitely an urban fantasy girl. I love the idea of real life stories with a magical twist.

What inspires you to tap into that creativity?
Arizona Green Tea and peppered beef jerky…. LOL

If you could time travel, even to a fictional place, where and what era would it be? Why?
Ummm…. I’d like to poke around the medieval and renaissance times. I love the clothes and the way they talked back then. OR back in Ancient Egypt. I’m a HUGE Egypt fan. My living room theme is Egyptian.  ;-)

List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
The Hunger Games books. LOVED them!!!! :- )

If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters? 
OMG I have the entire movie cast in my mind already. LOL Emmy Rossum would be Evania. Brandon Barash would be Desmond. Cam Gigandent would be Daniel. And if you want more… I have pictures of the actors I want to play the other characters on the Facebook page. :- )


Ok Now for some fun  ….

Sleep in or get up early? Sleep in

Tea or coffee? Tea

Sweet or Savory? Sweet

Ebook or paperback? Paperback

 One of your favorite quotes -  “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”

Lastly where can readers find you?
My blog: No blogging for me, but I have a website for the books, www.thesupernovasaga.com
My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Supernova-Saga/180936018622508
My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5185315.Crystal_Ward
Twitter: www.twitter.com/crystaldward
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Supernova-The-Saga-ebook/dp/B005LV0J8Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1315525797&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment