Friday, 8 June 2012

Interview with another of our groups talented Authors Pandora Richardson!

Firstly I would like to state at how blessed I feel to be able to interview other authors in our group. Pandora Richardson is no exception. This interview was a wonderful eye-opener for me. I realized that we share some common interest which is exciting. Learning more about Pandora and her work I know that her books will soon be sitting on my virtual bookself. So without further delay here is Paradora's Interview! Please enjoy!

Could you tell us a little about yourself?

I’m originally from NJ and I currently live and work in Washington, DC as a consultant in very uninteresting IT stuff. I live alone with my lab-pitbull mix, Loki. In my free time I like to read paranormal, fantasy, and sci-fi. My favorite authors are Stephen King, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, and Jim Butcher. I also like to write novels and short stories that are in similar genres and I occasional dabble in erotica. I’m an eclectic at heart and equally comfortable with my nose deep in a book, playing with computers, or with an xbox360. When I’m not doing any of that, I tend to stay in my condo relaxing on the couch enjoying a favorite show or soaking in the tub. Then I get up, go to the office, rinse and repeat.

What is the title of your new book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?

My book is titled Lost: Amelia Jones Private Detective Series, book one.
It’s about a virginal hermit shackled by her secrets, whose life is upended by an offer from a new client. (I did it in 20 yeah me!)

If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?

Matthew Harold: Tina Jackson is a woman like none I have ever met. She’s tall like and beautiful like a runway model, built like an Amazon, unaware of her presence, and radiates an inner strength that makes her even more irresistible. When I first saw her I knew I had to have her. Tina’s honey-colored eyes which sometimes seemed to glow amber, combined with her rich caramel colored skin, made for a combination that was all the more alluring once I got to know her. She’s timid which is rare for such a beauty and it makes her uniquely complex and intriguing. I’m glad I had the chance to meet her and hope to see her again in the future. Oh and don’t forget to buy the book that catalogues our time together.


Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?

Yes, I’m actually working on book two in the series that I plan to have finished by December. I’m also writing several erotic short stories, part of a series that I’m tentatively calling “Pandora’s Box”. The first story, “The New Guy” should be available on Amazon for the Kindle in the next several weeks.


What made you start writing and did you go down the path of self-publishing or did you seek out a publisher?

I used to write short stories in the 6th grade, however I was primarily a fine artist, so my childhood was mainly dominated with painting, art history, and at one point I became interested in graphic novels and would create my own comics. Each character I created forced me to come up with backstories and that made me consider writing but I still focused more on the drawing and painting aspect. I eventually burned out in college and focused more on philosophy and sociology than acrylics and watercolors. It wasn’t until I began to get into reading Sookie Stackhouse and Anita Blake novels that I got the inspiration and idea that I could do it too. Having read so many books on the subject of Vampires and supernaturals, I figured I should try my hand at it. In a nutshell, it was one part hubris and 2 parts naivety that made me start writing. I decided to self-publish mainly out of convenience, but I’m not adverse to the “traditional” route, especially after realizing how much work is involved in self-publishing.


Is there an Author who has influenced you or one that you would really like to meet?

It’s a toss up between Charlaine Harris and Laurell K. Hamilton. Charlaine, because her novels taught me that you can tell a story and have a lot of fun with it, Laurell showed me how it’s possible to create a character who’s looks can be deceiving and complexity great enough to span over 20 novels. I have to also add Stephen King who I think is one of the best storytellers period. My goal is to some day create a story that is as memorable as his are.

What drew you to that genre? Or do you have more than one genre you write?

I’m drawn to my current genre mainly due to my love of vampires and supernaturals. The genre is fun and there’s so much to explore in this universe. I also write erotica and I’m working on Romance/Drama as well.

What inspires you to tap into that creativity?

The love of telling stories fuels me. I love the rush and exhilaration I feel at the end of a good book. Being able to tap into that magic, creating new worlds and characters fills me up with an excitement that rivals reading another’s epic conclusion. These two experiences and emotions push me each time I open Word or Pages knowing that whatever I have to offer could also be the catalyst for others to have similar experiences if that makes sense.

If you could time travel, even to a fictional place, where and what era would it be? Why?

I would like to travel to ancient Egypt during the reign of Akasha the Queen of the Damned and receive the dark gift from her directly. There’s something magical about that time as written in Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. I would love to know what it’s like to be an ancient vampire witnessing the ages as they go by. I would mostly use my power and immortality for good, but I’d probably be more of an observer. Who wouldn’t want to live forever and have supernatural power to boot?


List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?
Steve Jobs biography, Walter Isaacson
Old Man’s War, John Scalzi
Furies of Calderon, Jim Butcher


If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters?

Zoe Saldana as Amelia Jones
Ryan Gosling as Matthew Harold

I’m at a loss for the others.


Ok Now for some fun  ….

Sleep in or get up early?

Sleep in!

Tea or coffee?

Depends…Tea to relax, coffee for work


Sweet or Savory?

Both. Butter Chicken anyone? 

Ebook or paperback?

eBook

One of your favorite quotes –

“Revenge is a dish best served cold”

Lastly where can readers find you?
My blog: http://ameliajones.net
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AmeliaJonesS...
My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...
Twitter: https//twitter.com/AmeliaJonesBook
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pandora-Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment