Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Wow...Look out end of 2012

Hey guys,

I know I haven't been around much, I've been working hard or trying to. I have been helping out on the Firefly and Wisp blog which I love doing. It is so much fun. Also I have been busy with my Paranormal and horror lovers group https://www.facebook.com/ParanormalAndHorrorLoversGroup 
October has been so much fun. We have had trivia questions on there which I love finding, also been trying to find interesting pics to share.

Our group also has just published an anthology which is completely free. I am so proud to have been included in this anthology. Here is the link https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/243603
 
 
 
 
November is going to be huge for me!!! On the 8th of Nov is the launch of  'Spice it up' https://www.facebook.com/events/194663884001360/  This anthology is a collection of HOT and Naughty stories. I have three included. Teacher's Pet, Neighbourly Love and Let the Games Begin.
 
Also coming out on 22nd of Nov is the launch of my first novel Death Lilly! I am so excited and I really hope that people love it. Even if it is only a few.
 
 
I love this cover that my publisher came up with! It is so fitting to the story. Death Lilly is about an 18yr girl who is plagued by dark dreams and death. First she dreams of her grandmother being sacrificed, though she doesn’t think anything of the dream, things change when she arrives home to find her neighbour dead and her grandmother barely hanging on. Lilly Vale now must overcome her desire to be normal and to find love with the fact that something out there wants to kill her. Who can you trust when your friends aren’t what they seem and everyone is trying to keep the truth from you? And, to make things worse, death seems to claim all those you love.
 
 
Also signed up for NaNoWriMo so that i can use it as motivation to finish off my romance story about a Marine and a gun shot victim who lean on each other as they try to deal with the outside world and dealing with PTSD. Here is a snippet from the story...
Matt lay in bed looking at the ceiling, contemplating life. He wondered when they would move the restraints, knowing that it would be a while. At this moment in time he really wished he had pulled the trigger. He wasn’t meant to be here, he was meant to be with his team. How unfair it was that god should choose him to survive more than the rest. Children had lost fathers, wives their husbands. He had no reason to live, not like his men and yet here he was, stuck in his own hell of endless nightmares.
To make things worse he was angry, so angry at the world and everyone in it. He lost faith in humanity and in god…though that didn’t stop him asking for help when the darkness clawed its way to him, engulfing him in a cesspool of self-pity and hatred. A tiny, little part of him knew that what he was feeling wasn’t right, that he needed help. Maybe that’s why he was here…maybe not.
The one thing he knew for sure was that he would never ever cause that look upon his grandfather’s face again. Matt could still see the fear in his Grandfathers eyes as he tried to pry away the rifle from his hands. One of them could have died thanks to the messed up thoughts in Matt’s head. That was why he didn’t put up a fight when the cops came. Five months at home and he knew the wounds caused by the war had been far deeper than anything anyone could see on the surface.
The doctor entered the room sitting in the chair next to where the head of the bed was. He had his clipboard in hand. “Well Staff Sergeant Collins, we would like to admit you into our psychiatric ward for a little while but first we need to wait until the alcohol dissolves from your system. You have post-traumatic stress disorder which has primarily manifested into survivor guilt. What that means is your brain is having trouble coping with events that happened to you while you were deployed. I see here that you’re unit suffered substantial losses.”
As the doctor spoke Matt could feel his anger rise. There was no reason for it and yet if he would have been able to get his hands free, the doctor would have been in a lot of trouble. The doctor continued to talk, telling him about cognitive behavioral therapy program which would help him cope better. There were meds he needed to take and counselling but it was all gibberish to Matt.


So lots on towards the end of this year! I am really proud of everything I have achieved so far. I know I couldn't have done it with out the support of all of you. Even though you might be a stranger it means a great deal to me that you take the time to read my work or posts. I have meet so many wonderful friends on here. Thank you guys!!!
 
xox
 
Rebecca
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment