Book Review After


After is a story about Tessa who is attending college for the first time. She is roomed with a girl (Steph) who befriends her. Hardin is Steph’s friend and at first, Tessa doesn’t think he likes her. Two parties and a game of Truth and Dare changes that. Tessa and Hardin are on a collusion course where both their lives will change forever. 




I give this story 2 stars, mainly because the writer delivers a twist that I never saw coming. While I can appreciate Anna Todd has given readers a unique fanfiction, I was surprised by the issues this series glossed over. I never understood how Hardin could beat up people and no get arrested. I also couldn’t wrap my head around Tessa and her endless forgiveness. The endless fights and getting back together gave me whiplash. I wanted to see Hardin change, to grow up, to evolve, however it didn’t feel like that ever happened. As far as a wattpad novel though, I can respect it for the work it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why we love a Bad Boy

Catch-22 and the Insanity of War